NUS Centre for Maritime Studies Summer Program
In order to strengthen the ties between National University of Singapore (NUS) and partnering Chinese universities and to provide opportunities for academically-inclined students to step out their comfort zone and practice their specialization, the Centre for Maritime Studies (CMS) will be organizing a one-week summer program from 19 to 26 August 2018. The purpose is to allow students to fully utilize their time to experience the lesson conducted by professors from the top-tier global university in Asia and immerse themselves in a classroom project environment to experience team-building and bonding. Also, the students can experience the multi-culture environment in Singapore and exchange knowledge with local students. This program serves to enable students the pathway to internationalization in the future.
Artificial Intelligence Course Outline
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) and how is it relevant and practical in this modern time and age (finance modelling, optimisation, machine learning etc.)
- What are the major impacts of AI and how should we ready ourselves to embrace for these changes?
- What are some major uses of AI at the current moment and how these uses are shaping the industries (drone technologies, automatic cleaning robots, autonomous cars, ships and planes)?
- How machine learning has taken flight since the revolutionary system has developed?
- What are the major components (linear regression, logistic regression, regularisation etc.) of machine learning and why do they matter in machine learning?
- How can we design a machine learning system to take advantage of the AI system?
- What is a neural network and how does this network revolutionise the next generation AI technology?
- How does Siri and Alexa work in a neural network, and how can we fully utilise this technology to consumers?
- What are the mechanics and methods behind the neural network?
- What is optimisation and why is it relevant in today’s AI context?
- What are the algorithms that are defining optimisation and how do we utilise them to our full advantage?
- How are the components in optimisation (Hyperparameter tuning, Batch Normalization and Programming Frameworks) important?
- Group Presentation of ideas using AI technology to provide solution to the problem set given.
- Certification Ceremony
- Group Photo
Application via email is encouraged. We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. Enquires may be sent to our Centre by email.